At Sunny Medical Centre, we recommend lip fillers to treat the following lip concerns:
Fuller lips is just one of the benefits you get from lip fillers. Your cosmetic dermatologist can discuss this in more detail during the consultation:
1. Non-surgical procedure: Lip augmentation using dermal fillers is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure.
2. Zero downtime: The results of lip fillers are instant; you can perform your day-to-day tasks from the next day onwards.
3. Non-permanent: Being naturally-occurring Hyaluronic Acid fillers, it will break down in 6-12 months, giving you the freedom to choose your look. For instance, if thin lips are in vogue, you can opt not to have the procedure.
4. Bring symmetry to the lips: Lip fillers can fix the natural asymmetries in the shape and volume of your lips.
5. Natural hydration: Hyaluronic Acid has natural-hydrating properties, which can moisturise your lips from within.
6. Define the borders: Lip fillers can restore the beautiful contours of your lips, lending them a well-defined shape. With edges defined, your lipstick stays in place without spreading.
7. Smooth out fine lines: Adding volume can vanish the fine lines and wrinkles caused by puckering of lips, making your face appear more youthful.
8. Turn the droopy corners upwards: As your lips lose volume, the corners of your mouth tend to turn downwards resulting in an ‘unhappy’ and aged appearance. Lip fillers can reinstate the lost volume, upturning the corners of your mouth.
Prior to the procedure, you’ll have a consultation with our cosmetic dermatologist where your concerns will be discussed. Your medical history is also examined to ascertain whether you are eligible for lip filler treatment and to rule out possible contraindications. Your lips will be scrutinised in relation to your facial features and a customised treatment plan is then chalked out matching your requirements, with due consideration given to your goals and lifestyle. You also get an opportunity to ask your questions about the treatment.
Lip augmentation using fillers starts with the application of a topical anaesthetic cream to numb the area. Our cosmetic dermatologist will identify the areas that need improvement and fillers are then injected at exact locations. The results are immediate and visible, right after the treatment. But, you’re not allowed to touch or wipe your lips for a few hours to avoid complications. Read our aftercare for more details.
After the procedure there will be a significant amount of swelling, which is normal and expected. However, when the swelling subsides, some of you may worry that the filler has disappeared. It is important to be aware of this before signing up for the treatment in order to avoid any misunderstandings. The doctor will call you back for a follow up appointment after 2 weeks during which you can discuss the possibility of retouching the areas that require more filling.
After the treatment, you should be able to resume your daily activities from the next day. However, in some patients swelling and bruises can be noticed, which may prolong for a couple of days. But these signs will settle down in about a week or 10 days max. For better results from the treatment, follow this post-treatment care advice:
The bruises and swelling, if any, should subside in a week’s time or 10 days max. However, if you experience pain or inflammation after the said time it is necessary to contact us.
1. How long will the results of lip fillers last?
The results of lip fillers are temporary. But, it can last for a minimum of six months, depending on the age and lifestyle of the person. Our dermatologist will provide you with more details during consultation.
2. Are they painful?
Your lips will be numbed with a topical anaesthetic prior to the treatment. At Dr Sunny Clinic, we are committed to making your cosmetic treatments as relaxing as possible.
3. What is the likely duration of the treatment?
The duration is determined by factors such as the nature of your lips and your requirement. However, in general, the treatment may take between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
4. Are there any side effects to lip fillers?
Side effects are minimal for lip fillers and you should be back at work the very next day or as soon as the treatment is complete. However, a couple of injection-based reactions cannot be eliminated including swelling and bruises, which will disappear in 2 to 10 days max. All this will be clearly discussed during the consultation.
5. What am I supposed to do post-treatment?
There are some dos and don’ts that you need to follow to get the best results from the treatment. Listen to our dermatologist and follow their advice. For general information on post-treatment care, check the aftercare section on this page.
6. Where can I find the best lip fillers near me?
Lip fillers are offered by many cosmetic clinics in Sharjah. But, what makes Sunny Medical Centre stand out from the crowd is that our clients choose us every time when they want a repeat treatment. When you do lip fillers from us, none of your friends will ever know that you’ve done a cosmetic treatment, because your lips will look just as natural.